‘Aurora’ nails, like a highlighter for your nails, from South Korea are the perfect manicure for upcoming spring!
‘Aurora’ nails aren’t completely new for 2021 and have been around since last year. This latest manicure trend is inspired by the Aurora Borealis or commonly known as the Northern Lights. This Korean nail art trend has a fantastic kaleidoscopic effect. It shimmers and changes colors with even a slight movement of hands.
The name of the nail art comes from its appearance as it looks like the majestic and gorgeous Northern Lights.
What are Aurora Nails?
Aurora nail art uses metallic gel nail polishes, and they contain magnetic particles. A magnetic wand is waved over the nails to create the Aurora pattern, and a swirling pattern emerges. This Korean nail art trend is something that looks great even if you have short nails. You can try the gorgeous manicure at home by using brands like Live Love Polish and KBShimmer.
The iridescent look of the nails will remind you of sea shells, mermaid tails from fairytales, and even the spectacular light show of the sky. Thanks to the shimmering finish, the Aurora nails are particularly mesmerizing to look at! They create a futuristic effect on nails and its a easy nail art trend.
Read other interesting articles about Korean nail art and manicures from KoreaProductPost:
- Korean Nail Art is Taking Over The World!
- Picknail app by Korean startup Saltus Corp. revolutionizing nail art sticker shopping
- 6 Nail art trend predictions for 2020 according to top Korean nail artists
- 10 of the coolest and fashionable BTS-inspired nail art designs
- Latest Korean Nail Trends in South Korea in 2020
- Easy Ways to Try Korean Stone Nail Art Trend