K-Beauty is built on improved skincare techniques. They keep renovating and introducing wholesome routines, and they look for beauty on the inside that reflects on the outside. Hanbang skincare is the most recent gift to the beauty world by the K-beauty industry. This trend will undoubtedly elevate your daily skincare game.
So, what is Hanbang?
This term is not unfamiliar to Korean locals. They’ve heard it from their forefathers and fathers. Hanbang is the science of incorporating natural, herbal ingredients with medicinal or therapeutic properties into daily food or self-care routines. Whether it’s hot ginseng and turmeric soup to keep you warm on a cold winter day. Hanbang has been around in Korea for a long time, from the use of pink salt to calm one’s senses to the use of a special type of tea to soothe an upset stomach. It believes in treating what is on the inside first. This method is proactive rather than reactive, and it causes a lifestyle that revolves around it to stay healthy and disease-free. Even in Korea, some people specialize in it.
K-Beauty and Its Relation to Hanbang
The properties and information from this science have been harnessed by K-Beauty experts and incorporated into daily skincare and beauty products. Holistic wellness is the new trend in Korean beauty. K-Beauty is now incorporating the benefits of Hanbang into its products, thanks to its advanced use of herbal ingredients. While some brands already use plant- extracts related to this science in their products, more such hidden wonders are being explored and incorporated into skincare routines. With the increased awareness of Hanbang, some brands have created an entire line dedicated to it to calm the energy of the mind and body.
Ingredients in Hanbang Skincare
With only half of its ingredients being explored to date, Hanbang has a vast list of herbs or animal-based ingredients that will see themselves on your selves soon. A few of the ingredients used in this medicinal science are:
- Ginseng Root: This root has many benefits in Korean science, from improving memory to curing a cold. It is used everywhere. Its anti-inflammatory and calming properties make it a sought-after product in skincare.
- Chaga Mushroom: Known as a miracle in slowing down the aging process, this Hanbang secret is out of the bag. It is also packed with anti-inflammatory, cancer-fighting, and controlling cholesterol properties.
- Lotus root: When consumed orally, this fibrous root is extremely beneficial in lowering bad cholesterol and maintaining good cholesterol. The fiber helps ease digestion. Its hydrating properties help skin keep natural moisture and keep it fresh as plums.
- Houttuynia cordata (Heart Leaf): This easily available plant has strong antioxidating properties. It is also inti inflammatory and hence useful for sensitive skin products giving it a fresh and radiant look.
- Licorice root: Another magic portion is the licorice root. This miraculous ingredient is a boon to reduce hyperpigmentation of the skin. It is an effective skin lighting gent and is packed with anti-inflammatory properties. Extracts of this root have glycyrrhizin, which is a powerful anti-oxidant. This gives it anti-aging and UV protection properties as well.
- Green Tea: By now, the world is aware of green tea’s antioxidizing and regenerative power. Whether you consume it as a drink or apply it to the skin, it keeps you fresh and active all day. It has cleansing properties and does not allow dirt to stay on the skin.
- Rehmannia: This is undoubtedly a hidden gem being gradually explored by K-beauty experts. It has medicinal value that benefits the nervous system and the immune system of the body. It is also known to have anti-inflammatory and pyretic properties that could reduce swelling and pain.
Harnessing The Hanbang Power
You may be familiar with some K-beauty brands and products that have already harnessed the power of some of these power-packed ingredients. While Sulwashoo has a line dedicated to Hanbang called The History of Whoo, a few more Korean products that focus on Hanbang are mentioned below.
- Sulwashoo Capsulized Ginseng Fortifying Serum: The chief ingredient of this is Red Ginseng root, and it gives a clear and smooth finish to the skin.
- Hanyul Pure Artemisia Watery Calming Cream: Based only on the knowledge of Hanbang, this product has angelica root extracts and is free from parabens. It is a soft hydrating watery cream that calms the skin.
- The History of Whoo Hwanyu Signature Ampoule: This opulent skincare product uses ginseng aged for 30 years. It also uses a rare medicinal herb called Saussurea Involucrata found only in the Himalayas. It is antioxidizing and full of fatty acids that keeps the skin glowing and youthful.
- The History of Whoo Jin Hae Yoon Sun Stick SPF 50++: Made to provide sun protection from both UVA and UVB rays, this sun stick is light, dreamy, and non-sticky. It has extracts from Biloba Nut, Ginseng Root, Ginkgo, Chrysanthemum Indicum. Their anti-aging and firming properties rejuvenate the skin.
Hanbang skincare trend is undoubtedly here to stay, and with its holistic approach, more and more brands will follow it. Nature’s power cannot be denied, and all Hanbang does is harness it for a balanced mind and body. Learn about your skin’s requirements and find the best Hanbang-inspired skincare routine for you.
Our editors independently select all products featured on KoreaProductPost. However, we may earn an affiliate commission when you buy something through our retail links.
Want more from KoreaProductPost? Check these out:
- Top 4 Korean Skincare Products To Beat The Heat From Korean Cosmetic Brand Innisfree
- 4 Korean Home Remedies For Clear Skin
- 5 K-Beauty Trends in 2021 Revolutionizing Skincare
- Best Korean Sunscreens For All Skin Types: Never Go Out Without It!
- “Skip Care” is the Korean Skincare Trend You Need to Count on This Summer